John joined UBC in 1971 and brings a wealth of finance and administration experience from his career as a Senior Officer in Local Government.
John is currently a volunteer Director and Company Secretary.
John has held the below positions:
- State Committee : 1974/75 to 1978/79, 1980/81, 1987/88, 2011/12, 2016/17 to 2019/20
- State Vice President : 1976/77, 2009/10, 2010/11
- State Assistant Treasurer : 1979/80
- State President : 2006/07, 2007/08
- State Secretary : 2008/09 (Position shared with Miss Sarah Last)
- State Treasurer : 2002/03 to 2005/06 and 2012/13 to 2015/16
- Life Membership : 2007
- Meritorious Service Award : 2011
Why I volunteer for UBC
My parents taught me from a very young age the rewards for giving someone a hand when they needed it, it was such a good feeling. When I started work, I had the pleasure of working with a gentleman named Cliff Burgess, a passionate member of the Club. Cliff recruited me as a volunteer for one of their fundraisers which was followed by a tour of the Royal Childrens Hospital to see a new piece of equipment that the club had donated, what a great feeling. That was nearly 50 years ago and ”I am still feeling it”.John Traill